Do you ever have a difficult time finding a dress that works for your petite figure? Here’s a great guide to follow when you’re looking for that perfect dress or in this case, the perfect bridesmaid dress.
Most of us would think that plus size women often face the problem of finding the right dress to wear. While in some instance this is true, petite ladies also encounter the same dress issues and this also comes true when looking for the right bridesmaid dresses. In this post, we are going to talk about the appropriate bridesmaid dress designs for petite women and face the fashion challenges of looking great during weddings.
1. Mermaid cut bridesmaid dresses – Ever wonder why mermaid style dresses are suitable for small women? It’s because the dress draws more attention to the curves of the wearer rather than the length. This is perfect because it eliminates the illusion of length by decreasing the cut of the design that will make you shorter. This is what petite celebrities like wearing most of the time when they attend to formal functions and grand wedding events.
2. A-line bridesmaid dresses – This type of dress is always flattering to petite women as it enhances your length for it creates an illusion of height and makes the wearer a lot taller. You can find a lot of A-line bridesmaid dresses at thegreenguide’s and you can also take advantage of their hot and trendy styles as all the bridesmaid dresses from the Green Guide are updated to meet every fashionista’s discriminating taste in dresses.
3. Knee length bridesmaid dresses – Knee length gowns and dresses are suitable for small women because not only will it create an illusion of height, but it also showcases the lovely legs of the wearer. No matter how simple or intricate the dress will look, just make sure to manage the length of the dress to be right between your knees (or even below the knees) and you’ll look perfect all over.
What Not To Wear: Petite women should try to avoid wearing these styles of bridesmaid dresses in order to maintain a stunning overall look.
1. Halter bridesmaid dresses – For petite women who are blessed with large bust and a curvy waistline, try to avoid wearing this type of dress because it often highlights the upper part of your body but not on the lower end. And chances are, you body will just look disproportioned and you will end up looking unattractive.
2. Sheath bridesmaid dresses – Sheath dresses are made to hug the body and make you look sexy. This is not recommended for small ladies because it will only enhance your small frame and in turn will reveal your true height.
3. Floor length bridesmaid dresses with long trains – This is also a no-no for petite ladies because it will only make you smaller and you will appear like you are wearing a dress that’s not your size. Aside from that long trains creates an impression that you are ‘dragging’ you dress, which contributes to the unappealing look kinda like a small girl wearing a big woman’s dress.
Don’t dismay if you are small or petite for there are a handful of bridesmaid dress designs you can take advantage of to make you look nice and pretty on the wedding day. Hopefully you have learned something new on this post about finding the perfect bridesmaid dresses for petite women.