We all know that finding clothes for a small frame can be a challenge, but when you’re petite and pregnant the shopping experience can sometimes become even trickier. I’ve recently had a few questions from readers asking about where to find the best items for their petite pregnancy wardrobe so this is why I’ve decided to share with you some of my best finds for petite maternity wear as well as some great maternity looks for fall and winter 2011.
First things first, here are some great tips/rules to follow when shopping for petite maternity clothing:
1. Check for sales on sites before you shell out bucks for outfits you’ll only wear for a short amount of time.
2. Check for a description of each petite size to make sure clothes won’t be too long for your small frame.
3. Look for stores with easy return policies to avoid getting stuck with outfits that don’t fit.
General fashion tips/rules for pregnant petite women:
1. Choose subtle prints instead of larger floral or geometric designs.
2. Avoid oversize clothing and clothing with excess fabric. Clothes that don’t fit properly add unnecessary bulk so instead, look for tops that don’t overwhelm your small frame.
3. Avoid tops with horizontal stripes (especially during your 3rd trimester).
Here are some links to my favorite finds for petite maternity clothing:
eBay Maternity (goes directly to eBay maternity section)
While sweatpants and sweatshirts are fine at times, make sure you grab some pieces that you really love and that make you feel your best! Just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you have to lose your sense of fashion. Work that baby bump!
Here are some of my favorite 2011 fall/winter looks for petite maternity clothing:
Belted Wrap Jacket from Isabella Oliver – perfect for fall/winter weather and very flattering