“Fashions fade, style is eternal” – Yves Saint Laurent
Being “fashionable” can be exhausting. While trends are fun, classic essentials are key. Every woman needs a few timeless pieces in her closet. I could throw out everything in my closet, right now, fill it full of things from a store similar to Forever21 and probably be pretty happy for six months. However, things will start to fall apart and the trends will fade. Then what am I left with? A bunch of clothes I don’t like anymore or that don’t fit right because they’re falling apart or have stretched out. Instead, I could take that money and put it towards a few classic, well made, essential pieces that wont fade and will last much longer. Over time, you can add more pieces that you’ll love for years to come. Now don’t get me wrong, I love trends, just in small doses and in addition to classic pieces. 🙂
To get you started, here is a breakdown of some closet essentials by category with some of my favorite petite picks for each one.
What are your favorite essential pieces?
1. The Perfect T-Shirt – Caslon V-Neck Tee // Find here
2. The Perfect Tank – Nic + Zoe Stretch Tank // Find here
3. Long Sleeved Tee – Gap Favorite Long Sleeved Tee // Find here
1. Tailored Blazer – MICHAEL Michael Kors Petite Jacket, Skinny Lapel Blazer // Find here
2. Little Black Dress – Jeetly Petite Roma Shift Dress // Find here
3. Cardigan – 3/4 Sleeve Pima Cotton Cardigan // Find here
4. Button Down Blouse – Ann Taylor Petite Perfect Button Down Shirt // Find here
5. Classic Trench Coat – DKNY Petite Trench // Find here
6. Pencil Skirt – Jeetly Petite Paula Pencil Skirt // Find here
7. Jeans – The Petite Shop Curvy Honey Petite Bootcut Jeans // Find here